Wednesday 12 June 2013

Things Just Happen

Oh my god, a shocking terrible thing happened five hours ago. The ceiling light dropped down and banged onto my coffee table. My son said he could felt the vibration as he sat almost right on the top upstairs. It was lucky that I had some fruits on the table, which alleviated the impact on the glass of my coffee table. The ceiling light was installed three years ago when I moved into the house. It was heavy with an approximately 18 inches x 12 inches chrome metal base with tiny crystals hanging down. I think the incident was due to the ceiling is just plaster board and extra installation care is needed and unfortunately my friend who did the installation for me is not a technician. Anyway I am so grateful and thankful to God that no one was hurt and my favourite coffee table is fine. This incident reminded me another similar happening that part of the cement board of the ceiling fell down when my sons were sitting right below doing homework in their bedroom 8 years ago in Hong Kong soon after we moved to a new apartment. We were lucky that I bought the space-saving bed with a wardrobe and a desk below the bed for each of my sons and the cement fell onto the bed and they were not hurt. Before the incident we did see cracks on the ceiling and reported to the management of the developer but they did not care to respond promptly. We are so blessed as I cannot imagine what if my sons were sleeping on the beds and what if we were standing around the coffee table today. I am grateful and thankful to God. May God bless you all. Much love and peace always (((^-^)))



No comments:

Post a Comment